Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yet Another View on Inner Beauty

Every girl has probably heard at least 15 lessons on inner beauty and how she shouldn't change for anyone. I don't know what guys talk about when girls are having the inner beauty talks, but I'm sure at some point guys have also heard lessons or speeches on how they are unique and special just they way they are. I assume the term "inner  beauty" isn't used, but hey- I could be wrong. My point is, everyone always hears how they are unique and how they are special. This is an especially popular topics in youth groups. I believe that our view should shift a little on this topic. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that people should always remember and be reminded that they are unique, one of a kind. This is a biblical principle, that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139) and that we are made in God's image. But I think that it is just as important to remember that everyone else is just as unique and special as we are, and everyone else is made in God's image, too.

Something to think about. If you go to a museum or an art gallery and start critiquing a painting or sculpture, you are insulting the artist. You are saying that the artist didn't do a good enough job. How many times have we done this to God? When we gossip about someone or laugh or talk about someone who is different than us, we are saying that one of God's creations is not good enough, that God didn't do a good enough job. This was a really tough lesson for me to learn, because it calls for change. But if you think about gossiping as insulting the Artist, it can really make you think twice.

Something my mom reminds me of is that God spent just as much time making you as he did making your neighbor, Moses, your brother or sister, Esther...the list goes on.

How awesome is that?

You're special and loved. Be salt and light!

~Hannah~

No comments:

Post a Comment