Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Smile

Today's blog post is short. I have been thinking about something profound I could write, something that would cut to someone's soul and completely change their life. And I'm stumped. So I don't have that this week (but you should check back next week- I may have some profound epiphany by then). I just have a little advice.
Smile. Smile smile smile. There is so much to be happy about. I realized that this week, though it has been a stressful one already, has given me so much to smile about. And think about how you feel when someone just smiles at you. A full on, all-teeth-showing smile. I know for me at least it brightens my day. That person's cheerful mood cheers me up. A smile can turn your day around, and your smile can turn someone else's day around. Yes, I realize that sounds extremely corny. And yes, I realize that bad things happen. There may be a day where your car breaks down, your phone breaks, you break up with your boyfriend or you made a grade on a test that was so bad your teacher didn't even bother to put a grade on it (if that last one sounds oddly specific...there is a reason....woops.) You may be thinking right now that there is nothing to smile about. But you know what?

You are a child of God.

What more could you possibly need? If you can't think of a single thing to be happy about, then focus on the fact that you are an heir to the one who created the universe. Really, really think about it. Cool, huh?

So smile. Make someone's day better. Just choose to be happy and choose to focus on the good. Once you start focusing on the good, it will become a habit and pretty soon it will be a way of life for you.

Have a wonderful week, be salt and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment