Monday, October 24, 2011

What if...

"....'What' and 'If' are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life." -Letters to Juliet


I love this quote. Granted, it is a movie as corny as all get-out and if you know me you've probably heard me make fun of it at least once. The above quote though is one of my favorites from any movie, because it is so true. When thinking about this quote and what I wanted to write on tonight, I thought of the song "The Motions" by Matthew West. If you haven't heard it, I would recommend listening to it before I continue.



This is such a powerful song. Matthew West says that he will do anything to avoid asking "What if" in regards to his faith. I think this is a passion that we should all seek to have. In our relationship with God and in our relationship with others, we shouldn't ever have to ask ourselves "What if". I know something that I have been thinking a lot about lately is the question "Am I doing everything in my power to show everyone around me the love of God?" This is a difficult and condemning question. I am ashamed to admit that there are people that I see hurting in my daily life that I pass by. Sometimes without thinking about it, but sometimes I just think that there's nothing I can do for that person. But...what if? What if I stopped and talked to that person? What if I sent them a text message just to let them know I was praying for them? What if all they needed was a hug to lift their spirits? I am trying to live every day to where, at the end of the day, I don't have to ask "what if". I don't want to doubt that I gave everything that day because of my commitment to God and to doing His will.

"Just ok is not enough, help me fight through the nothingness of this life. I don't want to go through the motions, I don't want to go one more day without Your all-consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking 'What if I had given everything?' instead of going through the motions." My challenge to you this week is to do everything you possibly can to show God to those around you. It's as simple and as difficult as that. Try and see people through the eyes of Jesus, and I promise you that you will bless so many people because of that.

Be salt and light!!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment