Monday, November 1, 2010

Encouragement

Yesterday I attended worship at Downtown Church of Christ. Every Sunday that I worship there I am uplifted and encouraged by something or someone, and this was no different. It was the Sunday where they announced the new shepherds of the church. They have the shepherds and their wives up on stage to present them and pray over them. They had a little boy pray who had been baptized the past Sunday, and after him one of the oldest members (if not the oldest) prayed. I thought this was such a cool thing, as they had both young and old praying for the future and the leadership of the church. The little boy did a remarkable job praying. As the service progressed, I noticed him moving through the crowd. I craned my neck to see what he was doing, and realized he was hugging the members. I watched him as he moved through the crowd, hugging every single person, young and old, boy and girl. He didn't miss a single person out of the approximate 800 members that were there. This was so amazing to me, and I can't help but wonder how many people he touched that day by his simple act of service. It also reminded me that even the smallest act of service can make a huge difference of people. I can't describe how uplifting it was to see all the smiles that this little boy brought out of the members of this church. So this is my challenge for you this week. Find a way, big or small, to encourage someone. It can be a hug, a note of encouragement, or simply keeping your head up when you're walking and make eye contact with someone and smile as you pass them. Remember that your age or gender does not affect the difference you can make, than anyone can brighten someone's day. So make that your goal- brighten someone's day.

Be salt and light!

~Hannah~

1 comment:

  1. this made me wanna cry.
    i wish i was there. =[

    ReplyDelete