Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful

I realized I'm bad at this whole blogging regularly thing, but I'm trying! Anyway, I was going through old songs that I hadn't listened to in awhile. I came across this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2M0GQOgYGg

This song is really uplifting to me, as it reminds me that even though we may have bad days and things may not go our way, there is SO much to be thankful for. It's a phrase that may seem a bit cliche, but my encouragement to you would be to make a list. And keep it, and add to it. It's amazing how fast that list will grow, and how many things you'll see that you didn't see before, simply because now you are looking. And try to go deeper than the everyday, "family, friends, a house". Go into detail. "I am thankful for the kindness of the guy who said I looked nice, even though I didn't think I did." "I am thankful for the closeness of my friends, so that I know I can go to them for anything."
On a dreary day, this can be a wonderful blessing.

Be salt and light!!

~Hannah~

No comments:

Post a Comment