Monday, September 5, 2011

My Own Little World

I have recently been amazed by one of my friends. Everyday he does something that just shows me the love he has for Christ. One thing fairly recently that showed me this was that he wanted to take sandwiches to the homeless in the town we were in. Now, he didn't really tell people he was doing this (He's as humble as they come). When he got there he was told it was dangerous to hand out the sandwiches and that it would be foolish to do so. I was worried and obviously asked him not to, and he ended up not. He took the sandwiches he had spent hours making to a homeless shelter where they would be put to good use. He was so upset because he couldn't do more to help. It wasn't because he wanted the credit for himself, it was because he genuinely was upset that there wasn't more that he could do to help the people he encountered.

This was amazing to me. The passion he has for helping people astounds me everyday. He is the kind of person I aspire to be. I recently heard (and sub sequentially, became obsessed with) a song called My Own Little World by Matthew West. I would encourage you to listen to the song and really think about what it's saying.

It's so easy to write off people and say "well, it's THEIR fault they are in that situation, so I don't need to do anything" or "well, someone else will help them"...and the list goes on. But we are called to be that person that helps others.



My challenge to you is to look outside "your own little world" and help someone that needs it.

Be salt and light!
~Hannah~

No comments:

Post a Comment